logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Should inter tile routing still work when splittingSplitter results again?

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Wed Sep 30 10:17:47 BST 2009

On 09/30/2009 11:01 AM, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> (For what it is worth, three tiles are enough for entire Finland when using
> the default mkgmap style.  Many tracks and cycleways are still missing, as
> are most buildings.  So, this may change at some point.)

For Germany I need 60 tiles right now. I used --max-nodes=800000. The
resulting .img files are between 5.3 MB and 21 MB. As fewer tiles mean
better routing performance I'd like to keep the tile number as low as possible.