logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Tue Sep 8 22:58:15 BST 2009

Thanks Paul, that would explain it for sure. The problem Ralf hit was definitely
a bug in the splitter though, I had made one too many assumptions in some
custom code for parsing floating point numbers (Java's double parsing is
very slow). I figured if the code could parse the planet file it could parse
anything. Apparently not! :)

The mixture of node and way IDs should be OK as long as the --mixed parameter
is specified for the splitter when it generates the cache. Using --mixed
together with the fix I put in to r88 means there should be no need for your
perl script. Once you have a cache generated, you can rerun the splitter
as many times as you like without --mixed by using the (much faster) cache
instead of the osm file. There's no need to even specify the osm file on
the command line if you have a populated cache.

eg first run:

java -Xmx2000m splitter.jar --cache=cache/srtm_test --mixed --max-nodes=1200000
srtm_test.osm

second and subsequent runs:

java -Xmx2000m splitter.jar --cache=cache/srtm_test --split-file=areas.list
--mapid=12340001
or perhaps
java -Xmx2000m splitter.jar --cache=cache/srtm_test --max-nodes=1000000 --description="My
Map"
etc

Chris