logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter Error

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Tue Sep 8 22:04:14 BST 2009

Chris Miller wrote:
> It looks like there is a latitude value in your file that contains a large
> number of significant figures (far more than is actually required) and the
> parsing is failing on it. I just checked in a change that will hopefully
> solve the problem for you (r88) however I'd be interested in seeing the osm
> file that caused this problem. Is it possible to get a copy of your osm file?

srt2osm uses about 15dp and mixes node ids and way ids throughout the
file. I came across this myself recently and so wrote the attached to
reduce the data to 7dp and to place all the nodes before the ways.

N.B. I am not a programmer in any sense of the word and this is my first
and therefore only perl script so use at your own risk

Cheers

Paul