logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Regression causing Heap space exhaustion?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Aug 21 22:26:51 BST 2009

On 08/21/2009 09:26 AM, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> The default version of mkgmap distributed with Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) is
> svn630. I tried upgrading to version svn1067 which has recently appeared
> in Debian unstable, but now I get a Java heap space exception on the
> _same_ .osm file that worked before.

When support for relations was added the memory required increased.  I
think that was added along with routing, I believe, which was in version
684 or thereabouts, so that will explain what you see.

I don't use debian, but I just downloaded their package to have
a look at their mkgmap script.  If you add the option -Xmx512m after
the $JAVACMD in the line:

   exec $JAVACMD -jar /usr/share/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar "$@"

That should help.

..Steve