logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Regression causing Heap space exhaustion?

From Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk on Fri Aug 21 21:21:06 BST 2009

On 21/08/2009, at 13.20, Greg Troxel wrote:

>> The default version of mkgmap distributed with Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty)
>> is
>> svn630. I tried upgrading to version svn1067 which has recently
>> appeared in Debian unstable, but now I get a  Java heap space
>> exception on the _same_ .osm file that worked before.
>>
>> The map I was working with is the latest denmark.osm from
>> geofabrik. The command I used was:
>>
>> mkgmap --gmasupp --latin1 --route --make-all-cycleways denmark.osm
>>
>> I tried omitting "--route" but that didn't change things.
>
> A lot has changed since r630.  I suspect more items from the same .osm
> will get turned into .img objects.  So the fact that the previous
> version fit in some amount of memory and the new one doesn't isn't
> really a bug per se.
>
> If you could find the smallest one that works with both r630 and r1067
> that would be interesting.

Being a neophyte wrt. the use of mkgmap, you'll have to give me some
hints on how to create "the smallest thing". I tried running the
splitter on denmark.osm, which created 3 pieces, but it did not help.

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0 at ubuntu.com>