logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route recalculation; error circle

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jul 4 07:05:34 BST 2009

I made some observations on my Edge 705 yesterday.  The route recalculation
sensitivity varies in bicycle mode.  Sometimes, I can ride a couple hundred
metres until getting a notice; other times, I get the notice within a couple
dozen metres.

This might have something to do with junctions and parallel roads.  Once,
I rode on a cycleway that is almost parallel to the calculated route.  In
the next junction, it told me to turn the right way, even though the
current position was indicated correctly.

Another observation: I can confirm what someone said earlier about the
error circle around the current position marker.  Even though the GPS
accuracy is something like 5 metres most of the time, the radius of the
error circle on the map is something like 20 metres.  It will get bigger
when there are obstructions, such as tunnels or tall buildings.

	Marko