logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Bug on StreetPilot c510

From Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com on Sat Apr 18 12:23:15 BST 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 11:01 +0200, Lambertus wrote:
> It sometimes happens to my GPSmap 60CSx as well. One method of
> canceling
> the route calculatin is to turn off the GPS, turn it back on and
> press
> the Enter key repeatedly while the GPS is booting. The cancel button
> on
> the route calculation popup is only responsive during the very first
> seconds and aparently this popup is already active while the map is
> being loaded.
>
> This is a more graceful method of stopping the route calculation
> instead
> of having to reset the GPS.

I found the same too on my Etrex Vista HCx.

I tried to calculate a couple of routes and found they took several
minutes to finish after reaching 100%.

One interesting observation was this did not seem to occur (or was much
reduced) after applying the change for "route recalculation
sensitivity". Perhaps it was just co-incidence, but it makes some sense
that the routing algorithm may make use the declared map resolution.

	Jon