logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Bug on StreetPilot c510

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Apr 18 12:44:55 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:01:02AM +0200, Lambertus wrote:
> It sometimes happens to my GPSmap 60CSx as well. One method of canceling
> the route calculatin is to turn off the GPS, turn it back on and press
> the Enter key repeatedly while the GPS is booting. The cancel button on
> the route calculation popup is only responsive during the very first
> seconds and aparently this popup is already active while the map is
> being loaded.

It has happened to my Edge 705 too, when computing longer routes (several
hundred kilometers) in my three-tile map of Finland
<http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/>.  There, the cancel
button is responsive, but can take half a minute to respond.  I don't
remember that it would start recalculating after power cycling.  Sometimes,
I have aborted it by a power cycle.

I haven't experienced such hangs in intra-tile routing, only in inter-tile.

	Marko