logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Reproducible inter-tile routing error

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Apr 9 17:06:46 BST 2009

Hi Clinton,

> I have found a reproducible routing error, which occurs when I split
> and compile the Italy extract from Geofabrik.de.
>
> - The error occurs when routing on the A1 from Modena to Parma. (I
> have only tested this in MapSource so far.) If I route in the opposite
> direction (South-East), the problem does not occur.
>
> - As soon the route crosses the tile boundary, the route starts
> jumping back and forth over a very large area.

Can you route successfully if the roads in question are contained in a
single tile? I'm just wondering if it is a general routing issue or
specifically an inter-tile routing issue.

I only wonder because I have an example map that has broken routing so
I know that there still exists problems with intra-tile routing.

Cheers,

Mark