logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Reproducible inter-tile routing error

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Thu Apr 9 16:59:02 BST 2009

I have found a reproducible routing error, which occurs when I split
and compile the Italy extract from Geofabrik.de.

- The error occurs when routing on the A1 from Modena to Parma. (I
have only tested this in MapSource so far.) If I route in the opposite
direction (South-East), the problem does not occur.

- As soon the route crosses the tile boundary, the route starts
jumping back and forth over a very large area.

- I have attached a screen shot of the routing problem, and a gpx file
with the route reduced to two points on either side of the boundary.

(If you use the .gpx file, you have to explicitly recalculate the
route to reproduce the problem.)

Here are the steps I use to recreate the map with the problem:

wget -N http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/italy.osm.bz2

java -Xmx1024m -jar ..\..\..\svn\mkgmap-splitter\dist\splitter.jar
--max-nodes=1600000 italy.osm.bz2

java -Xmx1024m -jar ..\..\..\svn\mkgmap-trunk\dist\mkgmap.jar
--product-id=1 --family-id=503 --series-name=it-2009-03-31
--country-name=Italy --country-abbr=ITA --region-name=Italy
--region-abbr=ITA --latin1 --route --tdbfile --tdb-v4
--add-pois-to-areas --road-name-pois --frig-roundabouts
--location-autofill=2 --net  63*.osm.gz

(The download is about 57MB)

- Could this be related to bad data in the highway or relation?

Cheers.