logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter feature request

From Carlos Dávila carlos at alternativaslibres.org on Wed Dec 6 18:29:08 GMT 2023

Hi Gerd,

As this new feature would be for areas.list passed to splitter, I
thought it could assign objects to tiles (inlcuding L-shaped ones) in
one step, assuming it can do so once it knows the area of each tile, but
I'm probably wrong, as I don't really know how splitter works internally.

Right/left hand drive side driving is quite difficult to solve in land
borders, but L-shaped tiles can help avoiding the need of tiny tiles in
those areas. For areas with a lot of islands, where some drive on the
right and others on the left, L-shaped tiles would really help.