logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r597: fix stupic typo: use given recsize instead of constant 5

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 28 09:18:32 GMT 2022

Hi Ticker,

the p/s numbers are not related to the  --road-name-config stuff.
The road labels in the Adria Topo map don't contain such data, and AFAIK the strings in MDR15 are
identical to the labels in the tiles.
So, my understanding is that those numbers identify the substrings before (p) and after (s) the
common partial string, at least in MDR7. I think for each new group of partial strings the numbers are set to 0.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Januar 2022 10:38
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r597: fix stupic typo: use given recsize instead of constant 5

Hi Ticker,

the p/s numbers are not offsets, they are some kind of id for equal prefix strings or suffix strings.
Not sure but I think those prefix/suffix strings are marked by the stuff around --road-name-config (PrefixSuffixFilter)
which adds 0x1e/0x1f etc.
The file 7-30-33.txt doesn't show those special characters. I assume MDR15 simply doesn't contain them and we may
want to call Label.stripGarminCodes() in Mdr15.createString( ) .
I removed that code in r3968 when I intrduced the bogus --mdr7-del code:
https://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/diff.php?repname=mkgmap&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Fuk%2Fme%2Fparabola%2Fimgfmt%2Fapp%2Fmdr%2FMDRFile.java&rev=3968&peg=3968

I hope it gets clearer when we are able to read GMP.