logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 19 15:12:11 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

I think ShapeMergeFilter could be part of the problem. It sometimes finds strange ways to merge shapes, esp. when many small parts can be merged. Maybe this can be improved by sorting so that it merges from top to bottom.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2021 14:14
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

Hi Gerd

I've just been experimenting and looking at shapes and rounding-to-low
-resolution can easily cause self-intersections.

It isn't just a problem with sea, or even with multipolygon hole
cutting. GPSMapEdit reports over 1000 in my test area. This number
reduces only slightly when I disable DP for polygons. Generally these
are not noticeable - a little bit of wood missing when zoomed out isn't
obvious, but same is not true of sea.

Ticker