logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed May 19 13:14:17 BST 2021

Hi Gerd

I've just been experimenting and looking at shapes and rounding-to-low
-resolution can easily cause self-intersections.

It isn't just a problem with sea, or even with multipolygon hole
cutting. GPSMapEdit reports over 1000 in my test area. This number
reduces only slightly when I disable DP for polygons. Generally these
are not noticeable - a little bit of wood missing when zoomed out isn't
obvious, but same is not true of sea.

Ticker