logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Different levels in Overview map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 16 19:26:51 BST 2021

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure that I understand what you try to point out.  A single line in IMG format must not have more than 256 points. For each resolution the rounding to Garmin units give a different number of points for the same line.
Several other limits in the IMG format may require splits of objects.

Does that help?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thomas Morgenstern <webmaster at img2ms.de>
Gesendet: Samstag, 15. Mai 2021 21:34
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Different levels in Overview map

Hi, I noticed, that the  linetyp highway=motorway is treated different in the overview map . For example the motorway A9 is  Data1, motorway A73 is Data0 (I use GpsMapedit for analyse:  polish map format). Polyline 0x01 : in Zoomlevel1 =6493 entrys, in Zoomlevel0=13676 entrys. Also polygon 0x27 : in Zoomlevel2=1519 entrys, in Zoomlevel0=20641 entrys.  .Some entrys have Data2, others have Data0. Because that, when I zoom in or out, some motorways are displayed, others not displayed. I would expect, that same objects come to the same Level. I use my own STYLE. but is not very different from default. What can I do to avoid such inconsistence ? In my opinion, the same object should be completely contained at the same level.

Thomas