logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fix Sea Patch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 10 08:47:05 GMT 2021

Hi Mike,

if I got that right there is no impact on the PrecompSeaGenerator as that doesn't execute this part of SeaGenerator. There is also no impact on processing when --precomp-sea is used.
However, now the patched code only performs any check when new parameter --check is given. Is that intended? Ticker suggested to add an option for the additional checks.

The doc says that --generate-sea=multipolygon is the default, this is also true with --precomp-sea. Not sure what is confusing you?

I've made some minor changes to the code to reduce complexity, but didn't check the details of the new code.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 8. Februar 2021 15:58
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Fix Sea Patch

HI Gerd, I don't have a build that includes the PrecompSeaGenerator, but I
would expect the impact to be the same as for in-line sea generation: an
increase in execution time if /check is specified with a reduction if it is
not specified.

I'm not quite clear what happens if you specify --precomp-sea, but don't
specify --generate-sea. The help only says that --precomp-sea can be
combined with --generate-sea but doesn't say what happens if you don't.
(Does it switch on --generate-sea=multipolygon?)

I think the order of the options in the documentation is not ideal either -
I would think --generate-sea should come first, followed by --coastline-file
and that followed by --precomp-sea. Happy to tweak this.

Cheers,
Mike