logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fix Sea Patch

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Wed Feb 10 09:58:20 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd,

In my view it does not make sense to make the option only operate on the new
checks (land within land) leaving sea within sea always checked. I think
that either checks are wanted or they are not, hence the option switches on
and off all the checks. It seems overkill to go for --check=[land|sea].

To me, because the default behaviour statement is on the multipolygon value,
not the generate-sea option, the docs indicate that multipolygon is the
default when --generate-sea is specified without a value, not that
--generate-sea=multipolygon is on by default. If --generate-sea=multipolygon
is the default, how is it switched off if sea processing is not needed?

The minor changes look fine to me. Looks like I had got too used to editing
style files with its & and | rather than the Java && and ||!

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 10 February 2021 08:47
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Fix Sea Patch

Hi Mike,

if I got that right there is no impact on the PrecompSeaGenerator as that
doesn't execute this part of SeaGenerator. There is also no impact on
processing when --precomp-sea is used.
However, now the patched code only performs any check when new parameter
--check is given. Is that intended? Ticker suggested to add an option for
the additional checks.

The doc says that --generate-sea=multipolygon is the default, this is also
true with --precomp-sea. Not sure what is confusing you?

I've made some minor changes to the code to reduce complexity, but didn't
check the details of the new code.