logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Sat Jan 23 18:54:30 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd

Given that the overview map is for use on computers with 100s of G of
disk space and the main map will be a G or so, can an extra few 10K or
so in the overview map really be a problem for anyone?

Building British-and-ireland, with default style and just --gmapsupp
(ie no index or routing) gmapsupp.img is 542M and osmmap.img is 220k.
With --order-by-decreasing-area they increase to 603M (11.3%) and 228k
(3.6%).

With routing, indexing, code page 1252 and other typical options,
gmapsupp.imp might be double the size and so the percentage increase
would be a lot less but not significantly different for osmmap.img.

Ticker