logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 24 07:59:34 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

my concern was not about the number of additional bytes on the disk, but the size limits in IMG format. Anyway, since nobody else commented we probably only find out when someone hits that limit, so I've committed the patch (first v5, than changes from v6, sorry for that) with  r4599.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 23. Januar 2021 19:54
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Tiles pruned in DEM map

Hi Gerd

Given that the overview map is for use on computers with 100s of G of
disk space and the main map will be a G or so, can an extra few 10K or
so in the overview map really be a problem for anyone?

Building British-and-ireland, with default style and just --gmapsupp
(ie no index or routing) gmapsupp.img is 542M and osmmap.img is 220k.
With --order-by-decreasing-area they increase to 603M (11.3%) and 228k
(3.6%).

With routing, indexing, code page 1252 and other typical options,
gmapsupp.imp might be double the size and so the percentage increase
would be a lot less but not significantly different for osmmap.img.

Ticker