logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all the input data

From Joao Almeida joaoha at gmail.com on Tue Sep 1 00:39:52 BST 2020

Help please, could not find a solution that works.
I'm trying to build a map that includes DEM shading. I've tried
splitting the map with max nodes 800000, 600000 and this last time 400000.
For some reason I always get the following message on the same tile
regardless of the split maxnodes option.

There is however a different behaviour, this only happens if I try to
include different polygon areas, if I just try the same are by it self it
does not throw the message about map too big.

I'm happy to provide poly file and splitter settings and map build options
to see if we can overcome this problem.

Thanks a lot.
Joao

SEVERE (MapFailedException): C:\Garmin\SPLITT~4\44161838.o5m: (thrown in
BufferedImgFileWriter.ensureSize()) There is not enough room in a single
garmin map for all the input data. The .osm file should be split into
smaller pieces first.
SEVERE (MapBuilder): C:\Garmin\SPLITT~4\44161838.o5m: exception while
creating DEM file There is not enough room in a single garmin map for all
the input data. The .osm file should be split into smaller pieces first.
SEVERE (MapFailedException): C:\Garmin\SPLITT~4\44161838.o5m: (thrown in
MapBuilder.buildDem()) DEM
SEVERE (MapFailedException): C:\Garmin\SPLITT~4\44161841.o5m: (thrown in
BufferedImgFileWriter.ensureSize()) There is not enough room in a single
garmin map for all the input data. The .osm file should be split into
smaller pieces first.
SEVERE (MapBuilder): C:\Garmin\SPLITT~4\44161841.o5m: exception while