logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in Africa?

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Aug 3 11:07:23 BST 2020

Hi

It appears that the problem caused by:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/690517138
and/or
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/690517135

[name="Reservoire Souapiti", waterway=drain]

which is converted into a routable road by the rule

(waterway=canal
| waterway=river
| waterway=rapid | waterway=rapids | whitewater=rapid |
whitewater=rapids
| waterway=waterfall
| waterway=drain
| waterway=yes
| waterway=stream) & tunnel!=* & is_closed()=false {add access=no; add
taxi=yes} [0x0f road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 24 continue]

and also:

waterway=drain [0x18 resolution 19 continue]

but it is the road that causes the problem.

This waterway feature is already split into many separate ways, and
maybe the offending segments (at the moment each containing about 1775
nodes) could be split again in OSM.

but I'll investigate long road splitting in mkgmap.

Ticker