logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in Africa?

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Sun Aug 2 17:10:18 BST 2020

Hi

I can reproduce this problem, the first message is about subdivision
splitting (in Guinea, not Egypt), and is the same as you had.

SEVE: uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.build.MapSplitter
 Config2018/63240201.osm.pbf:
Single item predicted to exceed subdivision
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=10.412207&mlon=-13.010709&zoom=17

The second/follow-on exception is slightly different:

java.lang.AssertionError: too many polylines at level 0 at
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.net.RoadDef.writeLevelCount(RoadDef.java:338)
at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.net.RoadDef.writeNet1(RoadDef.java:231)
etc

but I don't think the difference is significant.

The subdivision starts off with 239 roads (OK, but the area doesn't
seem to have many roads) needing an estimated size of 239710 (far to
much for a subdivision), but then the logic which should split the
subdivision doesn't get activated. I think the problem is that there
are no polygons or points in this area and this has confused the
'splittable' test.

I'll investigate more tomorrow.

Ticker