logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style lines enhancements

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Mon Jul 27 18:31:03 BST 2020

Hi Greg,

In the case I showed, I would probably have tagged it as you mention in view
A as there is a parking aisle drawn. However, many small car parks do not
have parking aisles, and in that case I would not probably draw a footpath
right across the car park and would go for view B. As one can normally walk
anywhere on a car park, by definition you can also walk around the edge to
any connected point, hence it seems reasonable to me to add the car park
perimeter as foot routable. If you use Foot (OSRM) instead of Foot
(GraphHopper) for OSM routing, it does take you around the edge of the car
park. For vehicles, I would only expect a car park to be a start point or an
end point, so it does not need to be routable. In the case of a fence, the
route around the edge is a routing artefact and you would actually walk
across it, so if two paths join a car park you should be able to walk
between them whether or not there is a fence around the edge. Perhaps a
better solution would be to join each point that stops at the edge of a car
park together with a routable way. A new option to handle this?

Regards,
Mike