logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road speed through urban areas

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Thu Jul 9 14:32:09 BST 2020

Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk> writes:

> Yes, this is what I mean, more or less. I don't know what the OSM
> tagging policy is on applying maxspeed tags to every road, but mkgmap
> applies its own limits based on highway type to everything except
> motorway, and this patch now does motorways as well.

OSM policy is more or less that every road should have its actual
maxspeed tagged, and that while it is reasonable to infer defaults from
road type when it isn't, that's a workaround for lack of data.

Which is what you are doing, so that's 100% fine in my view.