logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing problem on Garmin Oregon/edge with default style (and other styles)

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Tue Jun 30 07:18:19 BST 2020

Hi Steve

I just tested the newly compiled jar and the pink line is there again!
Also routing in Demo-mode works on my Oregon 650.
Used bike, foot and car with default-style of recent April 2020 and the test area in Madrid that Felix pointed out.

I also tested it with my own style which uses the recent  is_in(highway,pedestrian, any), is_drive_on_left() and nearby poi config feature.
No building errors and routing in basecamp for foot, car, bike and bike-through-ferry, car-avoid-bollard all seems ok

Thx a lot, the service is amazing.

Kind regards,
Joris

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> Namens Steve Ratcliffe
Verzonden: maandag 29 juni 2020 23:50
Aan: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Onderwerp: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Routing problem on Garmin Oregon/edge with default style (and other styles)

Hi

 > Update, previous version had some errors, conclusion is the same

OK, Thanks that is great.

So I don't think that there wasn't really intended to be a change to routing in that branch, but there was an experimental option that was added, and then removed, with a couple of lines of code omitted, probably unintentionally.  This is what causes the failure in NodCheck and maybe causes the failure on the device too.

The attached patch restores the functionality and NodCheck does not crash on the result

There is a pre-compiled jar there:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/484/mkgmap.jar

It may interact or interfere with the routing island removal code that was also made in that branch.  I've no idea if it does or not, it is just something to check.

Steve