logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 10 13:05:15 BST 2020

Hi Franco,

yes, see my post http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Performance-of-POI-search-on-the-Device-tp5967127p5967224.html
While looking at this I got lost in the code of the Locator which should help to fill the address data.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Franco Bez <franco.bez at web.de>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2020 13:57
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

Hi Gerd,

I did a little more testing.

Is it possible that the presence of a complete address is the trigger ?

I tried building maps with the Places POIS for  cities, towns and villages.

It didn't help at all, search for POI is still slow.

When I put the POIs for the fuell stations, the search is fast.

The only difference, safe the type of course, is that the fuell stations
usually have a complete postal address attched, while the city centers
do not.

Here's a sample for the map with the city POIS:
|http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/482/POI_BAD_dach_boundary_gmapsupp.img|||

Ciao,

Franco