logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img files over 4GB

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jun 9 07:06:04 BST 2020

Hi Felix,

sorry, I have no idea what the result of such a split should be. Two gmapsupp files with different content but equal family-id, description etc? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. My understanding is that a map creator has to decide what part of the world should go into one gmapsupp.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 8. Juni 2020 12:19
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img files over 4GB

Could mkgmap automatically split gmapsupp.img over 4GB (or have an option to do so - but besides Oruxsmaps/locus and some other not often used tools - I don't know any others that can use larger gmapsupp.img files duet to FAT32).

It would be nice if those gmapsupp.img files were somehow rastered - but even just according to mapid would be fine.