logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Split gmapsupp.img files over 4GB

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jun 9 13:03:32 BST 2020

Hi Gerd,
Same result as MapInstall (Basecamp). So yes - same family Id, description
and so on - just a different filename. gmapsup1.img; gmapsup2.img and so
on. MapInstall does the same if you send maps over 4GB to devices that can
support several gmapsupp.img files.

It's pretty cumbersome to run a script to only include individual .img
files up to 4GB for each run...
Essentially making it possible to create Europe continent map in
gmapsupp.img format (several files) or Asia continent (or even whole world
- but I guess no one will do so - except if cutting down data very strong).

Currently mkgmap just creates gmapsupp.img files over 4GB - they cannot be
used by any garmin device due to FAT32 limits.