logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby POIs

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 22 14:35:54 BST 2020

Hi Eric,
I am not sure what icons your pictures show. I assume it is 0x2f12 (internet or telefon) and lodging.
I never tried it before but on my Oregon 600 only one icon is shown when I create two POI for the restaurant and for the hotel.
It requires more changes in the default style than I thought.
Anyhow:
When I search for a restaurant the restaurant icon is displayed, when I search for lodging the "bed" icon is displayed
While panning only the restaurant icon is displayed, but I can touch the icon and get a list of the objects at this place when touching the "menu" icon.

Basecamp and Mapsource overlay multiple icons as in your picture but when hovering over the icon the list of objects is shown as well.

If I got you right you want that mkgmap detects that two or more POI have the same location (remember the low Garmin resolution)
and move them somewhere else (where?  until all POI have their unique place on the map? Did you try how that looks at different zoom levels?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von AnkEric <ankeric.osm at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. April 2020 12:48
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] nearby POIs

STYLE: MKGMAP, default, mapnik.txt

tourism=hotel {set amenity=restaurant}

BaseCamp:

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/Hotel_Restaurant_BaseCamp.png>

GPSMAP 64st:

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/Hotel_Restaurant_GPSMAP_64st.png>

On my own Map I won't Render the name. I will show POI only, select and
click (or hover over) to find details.

Ohhh, lol, I very rarely use GPSMAP (not allowed). Only sometimes during
hiking trip, until Anke gets annoyed by my lack of experience.
But Search for a POI, not Navigate to ("GO"), just show it on the Map, is to
difficult for me; -))

Ohhh, lol, according to Garmin (inside my home office) I'm 5790 km away from
this hotel/restaurant.
Than it's excellent I did find it; -))