logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Fwd: Re: Suggestions for roadNameConfig.txt]

From Pinns UK osm at pinns.co.uk on Thu Apr 16 13:18:35 BST 2020

Hi Ticker

I agree that at times the effect is strange, particularly with short
road names

I have instead created my own list and only apply the abbreviation if
the road name is over a certain length.

So Oak street does not become Oak St which looks very odd

Unfortunately I could not find a 'len' command to establish the length
of a string - is there one?

Instead I have to check if a road name has a character at a certain
position in the string.

Nick