logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] documentation improvement

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Apr 8 09:54:52 BST 2020

Hi Mike

I try to put in slight variants of the overall area description into:
 --family-name
 gmapsupp --description
 --series-name
and these occur in various places on devices and basecamp (--gmapi)
I set:
 --area-name
 --x-map-set-name
to variants of my name, and these also occur here and there.

My eTrex HCx allows me to disable/enable tiles within the gmapsupp on
an individual basis and this is the only use I've ever seen of the tile
description, which is why I think a mention of it should be left in

Ticker