logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] missing check for option --family-id

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 7 14:11:21 BST 2020

Hi all

it seems that all family-id values from 1 .. 65535 work fine. A map with value 0 is not listed in MapSource.

@Randolph: You must be referring to a differnt option, maybe --mapname?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Randolph J. Herber <army.bronze.star at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. April 2020 15:07
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] missing check for option --family-id

Hi,

I am not sure about the lower limit of 1. Zero may be acceptable. The
upper limit should be checked for as some Garmin receivers have problems
with file names\ prefixes longer than eight characters, which comes from
the old MSDOS FAT limit of 8 character prefix and 3 character suffix
file name format.

Randolph J. Herber