logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Squaring off of land outlines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 29 11:21:42 GMT 2020

Hi Ticker,

look at the code in SizeFilter. The important parts are
minSize = size * (1 << config.getShift());
line.getBounds().getMaxDimension() < minSize

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <ticker at jagIT.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2020 12:09
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Squaring off of land outlines

Hi

I have always used the default for this, including the skipSizeFilter
bit for sea as in the default style and had never noticed a problem.

I'm now about to experiment with --min-size-polygon=4.

The value of this option is in Garmin map units, regardless of the
resolution of the sub-map. Assuming it is worthwhile, wouldn't it be
better of the value was taken as 'current-resolution-units'?

I assume that, at low resolutions, polygons that degenerate into a
single point or line are chucked anyway, so a value of <= 8 is
irrelevant for resolution <= 18

Ticker