A To Do list
Here is a list of possible improvements to mkgmap. Some of these are being worked on, other are interesting ideas that no one has the time to work on at present.
- allow to create routable maps with highest resolution 23
- improve reader for polish input data: correct handling of mulitple DATAx lines
- rewrite classes that hold information about map objects, esp. shapes. Expected result: fewer and less distorted shapes, smaller img file. Idea:
- store information about outer way and holes as lists of points, similar to mp-relations
- implement methods that return the simplified object for a given resolution. If the area enclosed by the outer line is not visible at resolution x, ignore the object. If a hole is not visible at resolution x, ignore it. If both are visible, connect the simplified outer and inner lines so that holes are displayed in the map. This should all be doable without complex area operations.
- merge shapes before splitting the map into sub areas
- optimize wrong angles in shapes with the same algo that is used for lines