logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error Cannot calculate mapid for xxx.txt

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 15 08:59:10 GMT 2019

Hi Dave,

thanks for reporting. Seems to be a regression from r4336 http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4336

I can reproduce it with a command like this:
java -jar mkgmap.jar --mapname=99999999 f:\osm\dummy.osm mytype.txt

I agree that this should not happen but i wonder why you would use these very high mapids?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Dave <dfjkman at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. November 2019 09:51
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Error Cannot calculate mapid for xxx.txt

Hi,

Since release 4336 I have been getting ‘Cannot calculate mapid for xxx.txt ‘ error while running Mkgmap, with xxx.txt being the path and name of my typ file which was created some time ago with TYPWiz 3 and has not been edited recently. I do not have this problem with release 4323. After some investigation I realised Mkgmap was treating the txt file as an input file and not attempting to compile it as a typ file. I found by changing the order of my command options and placing the --output-dir option followed by the txt file near the beginning before the –gmapsupp option it would compile the typ file. This order did not seem to matter before.

I thought I would just let you know.

Rgds,
Dave