logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error Cannot calculate mapid for xxx.txt

From Dave dfjkman at gmail.com on Fri Nov 15 08:51:24 GMT 2019

Hi,

Since release 4336 I have been getting 'Cannot calculate mapid for xxx.txt '
error while running Mkgmap, with xxx.txt being the path and name of my typ
file which was created some time ago with TYPWiz 3 and has not been edited
recently. I do not have this problem with release 4323. After some
investigation I realised Mkgmap was treating the txt file as an input file
and not attempting to compile it as a typ file. I found by changing the
order of my command options and placing the --output-dir option followed by
the txt file near the beginning before the -gmapsupp option it would compile
the typ file. This order did not seem to matter before.

I thought I would just let you know.

Rgds,

Dave