logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] label rendering

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Wed Dec 5 07:30:20 GMT 2018

Hi Brad

Maybe somebody already addressed it, but in Basecamp and my Oregon label size also depends on whether poi's do or do not have an icon. Especially when specified as ’default-size’ a lable without icon is huge where the lable with icon and ‘default-size’ will be relatively small

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D48C74.BF2CB460]

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> Namens brad
Verzonden: maandag 3 december 2018 04:45
Aan: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Onderwerp: Re: [mkgmap-dev] label rendering

On my Montana, those settings don't seem to do anything.   I am getting better labels than with qmapshack, some primary hwy labels with level 2-6, not much change from 2-6, some additional labels at level 1/res23.   I wonder if part of the problem may be that the names are very long, I'll try substituting the 'ref' tag instead 'name' & see if that helps.

I've mostly been using QMapShack for my debugging.   It's actually worse than the Garmin Montana.    I have some primary highway labels showing up at level0/res 24, along with other road labels.  It's inconsistent though,  1 of the primary highways labels doesn't show up with any resolution.

I get the same results with my downloaded Openfietsmap Lite maps.

Is this something that we can't control?