logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] label rendering

From brad bradhaack at fastmail.com on Mon Dec 3 03:44:33 GMT 2018

On my Montana, those settings don't seem to do anything.   I am getting
better labels than with qmapshack, some primary hwy labels with level
2-6, not much change from 2-6, some additional labels at level
1/res23.   I wonder if part of the problem may be that the names are
very long, I'll try substituting the 'ref' tag instead 'name' & see if
that helps.

I've mostly been using QMapShack for my debugging.   It's actually worse
than the Garmin Montana.    I have some primary highway labels showing
up at level0/res 24, along with other road labels.  It's inconsistent
though,  1 of the primary highways labels doesn't show up with any
resolution.

I get the same results with my downloaded Openfietsmap Lite maps.

Is this something that we can't control?