logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MapFailedException

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 28 21:23:44 GMT 2018

Hi Valentin,

it seems you hit a limit in the LBL file, this is used to store the Strings. I'd say it is possible that this only
happens with one codepage, but it might be an edge case.
I would expect that the problem disappears when you reduce the --maxnodes option for splitter a bit.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von ValentinAK <valentin_k at inbox.ru>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2018 22:19:23
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] MapFailedException

Hi.
Today I received an error and I want to understand why this problem
appeared.
My compilation makes two versions in different languages. And only when
compiling on one of them I get this:

/SEVERE (MapFailedException): ./splitterTiles-east/63060042.o5m: (thrown in
LBLFile.newLabel ()) Overflow of LBL section/

This happens with the --code-page:1250 option only. With --code-page:1251
compile completes without error. Maybe somewhere in the data there is an
error. But I can't find it. Or is it a bug in Mkgmap or in Splitter?

Here is a link to the problem file:
https://maptourist.org/tmp/63060042.o5m
And a link to my style:
https://maptourist.org/osm-garmin/CurrentConfigs/