logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overlaps at roundabouts

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 5 10:49:48 BST 2018

Hi all,

in r4150 I've modified the code in OverlapRemover to be more agressive. That means that more overlaps are removed.
Now, differences in the type  and min/ max resolution are completely ignored.
If one way is a roundabout and the other is not, the roundabout is prefered (junction=roundabout)
If the roads have different road speed values, the one with the higher value is prefered.
If only one road is part of a restriction relation this one is prefered.

Please let me know if you think that this will cause problems.

Still on the todo list:
1) find and remove parts of ways which overlap themselves
2) avoid to change roads when the overlap is outside of the bounding box.
3) add unit tests
4) change log levels from severe to appropriate values

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. April 2018 09:02:20
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] overlaps at roundabouts

Hi all,

I tried to change the code in OverlapRemover so that it can handle the case when a roundabout is overlapped
by another (flare) road. The current code in r4149 would not allow that unless both are roundabouts.
The problem:
The default style also assigns different road_speed values to roundabouts.

So I can change the code to
1) also ignore road_speed when one way is a roundabout
or I can change the code to
2) always allow different road_speed values.

If we select 2) I'd say that mkgmap should keep the smaller value.
What do you think?