logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Terraced/pixellated coastline with --precomp-sea

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 22 07:50:44 GMT 2017

Hi NopMap,

yes, docu is not correct here reg. the combination of options --precomp-sea and --generate-sea.
The precompiled sea data (sea.zip) from e.g. http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap.html
doesn't contain type=multipilygon relations. It contains pbf files with (generated) ways with the tags
natural=sea or natural=land. I think that the creation of the data in sea.zip also doesn't involve any multipolygon
code.
I think the docu is correct when you don't use --precomp-sea, but
the combinations
 --precomp-sea=sea.zip
 --precomp-sea=sea.zip --generate-sea
 --precomp-sea=sea.zip --generate-sea=multipolygon
all give the same result (single ways, no multipolygons).

I have no idea why WanMil (the initial coder) documented it that way.
I see no need to combine the two options, not even to set a different tag for land.
I assume it was done for backward compatibility.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von NopMap <ekkehart at gmx.de>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2017 07:58:00
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Terraced/pixellated coastline with --precomp-sea

I definitely did not have a regular rule for natural=sea in my style. I need
to check whether there was a rule added by code in my tooling. (or in mkgmap
code)

Is the observation correct, that the SeaGenerator creates many simple
polygons, individually tagged as natural=sea, but not connected by a
multipolygon?

The command line description claims that the generator would use
multipolygons, but I believe that is not true.