logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can mkgmap be used to read back in IMG files?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jul 10 13:50:21 BST 2016

Hi Jarno,

the source contains routines to read the img file, but I have no idea

how much work it would be to convert that information into OSM format.

Note also that mkgmap cannot read the newer NT format.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Jarno Le Conté <jarno.leconte at me.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 10. Juli 2016 14:42:37
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Can mkgmap be used to read back in IMG files?

Hi,

I'm wondering if mkgmap can be used the other way around, given an IMG file, extract the road network from it and perform routing operations?
Looking at the code it seems to be a full implementation of the IMG filesystem which includes both reading and writing. Is this true?

The main thing I want to know:
Can I extract the road network (and routing information) from a Garmin IMG file, and use it in an OSM routing engine for example?

Kind Regards,
Jarno Le Conté