logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can mkgmap be used to read back in IMG files?

From Jarno Le Conté jarno.leconte at me.com on Sun Jul 10 13:42:37 BST 2016

Hi,

I'm wondering if mkgmap can be used the other way around, given an IMG file, extract the road network from it and perform routing operations?
Looking at the code it seems to be a full implementation of the IMG filesystem which includes both reading and writing. Is this true?

The main thing I want to know:
Can I extract the road network (and routing information) from a Garmin IMG file, and use it in an OSM routing engine for example?

Kind Regards,
Jarno Le Conté