logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Roundabouts causes crashing devices

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Jul 8 10:42:38 BST 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, Minko wrote:

> It happens with recent GPS devices like the Oregon 6xx series, Garmin Edge Touring and 8xx, GPS map 62 and 64.
> It does not happen with older devices. I cannot find any roundabout in my vicinty to reproduce it so it does not happen all the time with every firmware. The only thing that all those reports have in common is that it happens near a roundabout, the device is dying slowly, turning it back on will make it work again.
>
> Did anyone here have seen the same behaviour?

I have roundabouts nearly at the front of my home, so I'm routing
through it nearly every day (in cycle mode). But I never saw any crash
in the near of a roundabout on my GPSMap 62 with my own maps.
I think I had this year only one crash of my 62, and here I'm not
sure if the fault was not a broken battery.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)