logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Roundabouts causes crashing devices

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri Jul 8 10:32:19 BST 2016

Hi Gerd,
Interesting to hear because on Sicily there are hardly any cycle routes, if any, on OSM, so it could be also associated with something else.
Can you give just the location of that particular roundabout on the osm.org map so I can see if there are similarities with other roundabouts?
I think about too many OSM nodes, the roundabouts on the mkgmap maps are sometimes distorted if drawn with a lot of nodes. Maybe this could cause crashing of the device?

Another more likely cause could be that I use an invisible line type for 0x0c:
junction=roundabout [0x0c road_class=1 road_speed=1 resolution 24 continue with_actions]
junction=roundabout {set access=no}

The line that is rendered on my map is not accessible, for instance an unclassified 'white' road with 0x06 is drawn on top of this invisible 0x0c. Possible problem is that it still has routable parameters (road_class and road_speed), maybe this causes the crashes? A solution would be to replace all highway=* & junction=roundabout with a non routable line type on top of this 0x0c for rendering the correct line type. In the default mkgmap style this problem does not occur because all roundabouts are rendered with the same style and just one line (0x0c).