logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about the overview map

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon Apr 18 22:34:20 BST 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, franco_bez wrote:

> Is it true that the overview map is only used by Mapsource and Bascamp on the
> PC, but does not work on the mobile devices themselves ?

Yes.

> Is there any way to get an overview map working on the mobile device, or do
> we have to avoid zooming out too far?

For this, there are the resolutions/levels.

With every level, I display less informations, and with the
highest level/lowest resolution, I only display the same few
informations as with the overview map, means mostly highways
and the POI of some very big cities. This works pretty well
on my 62s.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)