logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about the overview map

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Mon Apr 18 21:52:31 BST 2016

Is it true that the overview map is only used by Mapsource and Bascamp on the
PC, but does not work on the mobile devices themselves ?

I'm looking for a solution for the following problem:

When you zoom out to a really big scale ( 100km for instance ) the Oregon
will not be able to render all of the display area. Of course  the map is
large enough ( DACH ) , but if you zoom out to show all of Germany at once
the Oregon can not handle this.

I suspect that it has to scan all the 3.8GB of my dach.img for elements to
display and this is simply too much.

I thought that an overview map might fix this problem.

Is there any way to get an overview map working on the mobile device, or do
we have to avoid zooming out too far?

Ciao,
  Franco