logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] postcodes

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Nov 16 11:18:05 GMT 2015

Hi Mike,
1) node 1913030629
Can't reproduce the problem with r3650:.
The log shows that case insensitve matching works:
WARN: ...osmstyle.housenumber.HousenumberGenerator  f:\osm\postcode1.osm: accepting match in spite of different capitalisation Edgbaston drive 52 (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/49994653) house: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1913022239
WARN: ...osmstyle.housenumber.HousenumberGenerator  f:\osm\postcode1.osm: accepting match in spite of different capitalisation Edgbaston drive 54 (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/49994653) house: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1913030629
I am also able to find the road entering the name and postcode. Maybe you have a problem
caused by tile boundaries here.

2)  node 2327523932
The tag addr:housenumber 248-254 is interpreted as addr:housenumber 248, the rest is ignored.
I'll think about your proposal, but again anything else works fine for me.

3) node 1800286499
yes, this node is ignored up to now because it has no addr:housenumber tag.
I think this can be improved.

Another question is why there is no postal code info from boundaries.

Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 16. November 2015 11:33
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] postcodes

HI Gerd, using the default style and converting Staffordshire, England, the
following nodes, some postcodes work as expected, but the following ones
don't seem to work:

This one does not get added - I'm assuming this is because addr:street is
"Edgbaston drive" rather than "Edgbaston Drive". Should there be a case
insensitive comparison?
node 1913030629
addr:housenumber 54
addr:postcode ST4 8FJ
addr:street Edgbaston drive
building house

The postcode for this one does not get added, I assume because
addr:housenumber does not contain a single number. However, it seems to me
that both 248 and 254 could be added to the map.

node 2327523932
addr:housenumber 248-254
addr:postcode ST4 5RH
addr:street London Road
name Kraft Kabin
shop doityourself

This one does not get added, I assume because there is no addr:housenumber.
I have not checked to see what happens if I set the housenumber to 0. Does
the housenumber have to be non-zero?
node 1800286499
addr:housename Terrace Inn
addr:postcode ST4 5DG