logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Country unification in address search

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Nov 12 20:25:02 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 12, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> Well I use the bounds file - updated every month or so from here:
> http://osm.thkukuk.de/data/bounds-latest.zip

It's updated every week, if it passes the sanity checks.
So if too many boundaries are broken, it's not updated.

On my device I have the choice between "Oesterreich" and "AUT".
Below "AUT" I can only find very few streets. I haven't found
out yet why this is the case, the data looks ok.

There is one example, look at the OSM data for
Schlosscafe, Glorietteallee 1, Eisenstadt.

It's using "AT" as country, but can be found below AUT, so
this mapping works. But "Eisenstadt" cannot be found below
"Oesterreich".

Interesting is, that "Eisenstadt" is adminlevel 6, not the
expected 8. Either the mapping of the admin level is wrong
or some boundaries are missing, but in any cases, the fallback
in inc/address should match?

Maybe this example helps some people here to find out what's going
wrong.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)