logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] don't route through highway=construction

From Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net on Tue Oct 13 17:24:09 BST 2015

On 10/13/15 10:34 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I agree that 'highway=construction' should be omitted from routing.
> That to me indicates "they are building a road but it is not usable".
> If the default style routes over that, it's just a bug and should be
> fixed.

last time i looked highway=construction didn't imply access at all,
leaving it
to the mapper to set access= appropriately.

this makes sense, because sometimes construction is impassible and sometimes
it's not.

unfortunately, the wiki doesn't really explain this and what mappers and
data
consumers are actually doing seems variable and inconsistent.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search